Saturday 21 October 2017

Quilling Rangoli ( Mandala )





Hello friends ,

          Rangoli is an art, origin in India in which patterns are created on the floor  using materials such as coloured rice, coloured rangoli powder or flower petals. It is usually made during festivals.
Rangoli designs can be simple geometric shapes, deity impressions, or flower and petal shapes.
I have made a beautiful Rangoli using Quilling. I have made the design on a white  Kg cardboard.
The concept I have used here is Astha Ganapathi (Eight Ganesha ) design. 
In the center of the rangoli , I have made a design using the basic quilling shapes. I have used multi colour quilling strips. 
The rest part of the rangoli is covered with the eight Ganeshas ( different colours ). This has also been done using quilling.
Plz note: I have used only 5 mm quilling strips to complete the rangoli.



This Quilling rangoli I made on the occassion of Ganesha Chaturthi. You can use your own creativity and  make your own designs and patterns. Make your own quilling rangoli and please dont forget to share with me.

1 comment: